The AgriAdapt project intends to contribute to increasing the resilience of EU agricultura to climate change. For three years (until December 2019) different actions and measures will be implemented in the four climate risk regions in the EU (South, West, Centre and North of Europe) in order to achieve the following objectives:
- To improve the knowledge base for the development, assessment and monitoring of the vulnerability to climate change at a farm level, through the development and assessment of a common methodology that can be used in the four climate risk regions in the EU.
- To assess sustainable management measures for the adaptation to climate change at a farm level through the identification and implementation of these measures in Action Plans in 120 farms (that include the three main farming systems: arable lands, cattle and permanent crops) in the four climate risk regions in the EU
- To promote sustainable adaptation measures through demonstrative and dissemination actions for farmers, farming associations, technical consultants, certifying bodies and insurance companies.
- To train and raise awareness among farmers and future generations about the adaptation options through the development, creation and dissemination of training activities.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of adaptation policies by transferring good practices and generated knowledge to different administrations and the private sector at a local, regional, national and EU level.
Fundación Global Nature collaborates in this project with Bodensee-Stiftung (Germany), Estonian University of Life Sciences (Estonia) and Solagro (France). The initiative is supported by the EC LIFE instrument.
More information: www.agriadapt.eu
Fundación Global Nature
Sostenibles por Naturaleza
Desde 1993 dedicados a la conservación de la naturaleza y la funcionalidad de los ecosistemas